This terracotta roundel depicting Nero was commissioned by Cardinal Wolsey in 1521. It is mounted on the exterior of one of the gatehouses at Hampton Court Palace. It is currently being studied as part of a conservation project undertaken by Historic Royal Palaces, the charity that cares for the palace. TL testing established that the central part showing the head dates from the 16th century. However, samples from the surrounding frame showed that this part is a 19th-century restoration.
Further details of the Hampton Court terracotta roundels project can be found on the Historic Royal Palaces website